Centre for Entrepreneurship, Technology Incubation & Business Acceleration
Business incubation has been globally recognized as an important tool for economic development and job creation. Centre for Entrepreneurship, Technology Incubation & Business Acceleration, Mumbai (CETIBA) promotes and presents a unique opportunity for budding entrepreneurs and start-ups to take their business to the next level.
Established by India SME Forum, with the support of the Office of Development Commissioner, Ministry of MSME, the CETIBA is designed as a Model Technology Business Incubator under the Support for Entrepreneurial & Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubators.
The objectives of the CETIBA are :
- Incubation of innovative ideas/technology in the potential sectors
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialization of technologies developed in the host institution or with the assistance of any academic and R &D institution in India or Internationally.
- To provide networking between start-ups, academia, industry as well as development and financial institutions.
- To provide value added services viz. legal, financial, technical, IPR, etc. to incubatees.
- To promote new technology/knowledge-based enterprises and aid in New Enterprise Creation.
- To promote the business program to encourage entrepreneurship among students
The major activities undertaken by the CETIBA are selection of ventures, mentoring, seed funding, infrastructure support, review of ventures, resource network development. The ventures remain under active incubation support for a maximum of three years during which they are encouraged and supported to become independent and self-supporting.
Focus Areas (But not limited to):
CETIBA is mandated to incubate, promote and accelerate innovative enterprises in the following areas:
- Agricultural Aids for Mechanization and boosting Yield
- Agro Processing, Preserving & Packaging
- Environment, Water, Sanitation, Waste & Recycling Management
- Renewable Energy, EVs & Green Transportation
- Technology & Devices for Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment & Rehabilitation of illness.
- Energy Efficiency & Automation for Industrial Manufacturing
- Infrastructure & Energy Efficient Housing
- Security, UAVs, Disaster Management & Defence
CETIBA has a unique partnership with UNIDO, which will support select commercially viable incubatees, with funding for technology validation, through UNIDO's FLCTD program.
India SME Forum has three incubation centres in India with National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, Babaria Institute of Technology, Vadodara and Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu as the host institute.
For more information, visit www.cetiba.in